- Figure out who you are going to include in your project and how much focus you want to put on each person. For example, if you are in a relationship, maybe it’s just your partner you want to focus on, or maybe you want to pick a different person for each day of the month. Totally up to you, but it’s easier to have a plan up front.
- Next start creating a list (mental or hard copy) of the things you appreciate, love, respect, cherish, make you giggle, rely on, take for granted about the person or people you’ve selected. Remember April has 30 days so if you are focusing on your partner, you want to have 30 things in your list.
- Then figure out how you’d like to communicate these things with the people you’ve selected. It could be with daily emails, text messages, hand written notes, little presents or treats that represent your specific feelings.
Like maybe you want to give your partner or friend a role of Life Savers candy because they saved your life, or project in some way. Maybe there are some cute songs (like “My Life Would Suck Without You” by the cast of Glee) that you can burn or gift through iTunes. Or maybe you either print out or create the month of April from a calendar and then each day, write a new thing.
It’s up to you how you present the info, but it will be easier to complete this challenge if you have a plan ahead of time. You can even use some of the planning time to purchase some materials, or save a few draft emails, what ever you need to make the next 30 days easier.
But have fun with this part. Get creative. Trust the process and know that it will get easier and more fun the more you do it.Then, on April 1st begin your project!
- Spend a just a few minutes each day telling the people in your life how important they are to you, how much you appreciate them, how much they make you laugh or keep you on track.
- Do this for all 30 days in April! It’s only 30 days, you can do it.
- Along the way, notice the differences this “challenge” is bringing into your relationships and self. We get what we put out, so even though this challenge is based around giving to other people it will be impossible for you not to start feeling more loved, appreciated, happy, and hopeful along the way!
- Maybe it’s something you do once a quarter with your family, maybe it replaces Christmas or Birthday presents this year, maybe showing appreciating and love becomes a weekly task for you…. doesn’t matter how you do it, it just matters that you do it, and that it fits for you.